Origin Pest Control provides a professional rat control service to both domestic and commercial customers.
Rats are one of the most common pests in the UK and there are two types found
- Brown or Common or Norway rat – Rattus norvegicus
- Black rat – Rattus rattus
Both these species of rats pose a big health risk due to the diseases they carry but the also cause damage to your property. Their gnawing can cause damage to doors, floorboards, cables and pipes sometimes allowing them to escape from the sewer system into your property. They can also contaminate your food through there urine and droppings.
Rat Control and Treatment
If you suspect you have a problem with rats in your property it is important to act quickly. If left untreated the problem can quickly become out of control due to the speed at which they reproduce (see sidebar). It is important to work out where the rats are getting in the property in order to solve the problem. We have all the modern equipment to help us do this quickly. From using infra red motion camera to check your loft to using CCTV drain cameras and smoke machines to identify defects in drainage pipes.
One of our BPCA certified Pest Controllers can visit your property to survey the problem, treat the problem accordingly and carry out proofing work to stop the problem recurring.
If you’re asking yourself ‘how do I get rid of rats’? The answer is to call Origin Pest Control who will offer you a fast and efficient rat control service at a competitive price.
Signs of rat problems
- Rat Droppings: droppings are dark brown and a tapered spindle shape
- Scratching Noises: as they move around you may hear scratching from your loft or cavity walls
- Smear Marks: grease & dirt on their bodies leave smudges on surfaces
Brown (Common) Rat
- Latin name: Rattus Norvegicus
- Life Span: 1-3 Years
- Gestation Period: 21 Days
- Litters per Year: On average 5
- Rats per Litter: Up to 14